Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to arrange travel related services and/or products on your behalf.
We therefore typically process the following types of personal information about you:
- contact information (such as name, residential/mailing address, telephone number, email address);
- passport details when required;
- loyalty program / frequent flyer details;
- information about your dietary requirements and health issues (if any);
- other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service providers (e.g. airlines and accommodation or tour providers).
Most travel bookings must be made under the traveler’s full name and must include contact details and appropriate identification (e.g. passport details). We cannot make bookings for you without that information.
Security of Information
We have implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and interference, and we regularly review security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information.
Credit card security
- All online payments are transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
- Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port.
- We do not store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring payment portal.
- All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
We do not and will not sell, rent out or trade your personal information.
Marketing and privacy
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can opt-in in future if you wish to receive these updates again.
We comply with the Spam Act 2003 and do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Your personal information may be disclosed only to entities and partners/providers related directly to your booking and participation in your chosen trips, such as the following:
- our contractors, suppliers and service providers, including without limitation:
- suppliers of IT based solutions that assist us in providing products and services to you (such as any external data hosting providers we may use);
- our related entities and brands;
- travel service providers such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels, car rental companies, transfer handlers and other related service providers;
As required or authorized by applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations;
- customs and immigration to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel;
- government agencies and public authorities to comply with a valid and authorized request, including a court order or other valid legal process;
- various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies, including to protect against fraud and for related security purposes; and
- enforcement agencies where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety of an individual or to public health or safety or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), or where such disclosure is authorized or required by law (including applicable privacy / data protection laws).
Social Media Integrations
Our websites and mobile applications may use social media features and widgets (such as “Like” and “Share” buttons/widgets) (“SM Features”). These are provided and operated by third party companies (e.g. Facebook) and either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website or mobile application. SM Features may collect information such as the page you are visiting on our website/mobile application, your IP address, and may set cookies to enable the SM Feature to function properly.