Spiritual Nepal: Temples and Shrines
*Prices are per person in a double room. Single supplement prices are available below.
7 days of spirituality and Buddhist Shrines!
Visiting 1 country: Nepal
It is designed to give you an incredible insight into the beginnings of one of the world’s oldest religions. It will cover all of the major Buddhist moments that are related to different parts of the creation of this religion and to the Buddha’s earlier life, like Namo Buddha, Swyambhunath, and Boudhanath. Highlights will include aspects of Gautama Buddha’s life like Gautama the Buddha’s birthplace, the location of where he got enlightenment, and where he spent his early life as a prince. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it will definitely not disappoint!
Day 1: Kathmandu
One of our representatives will pick you up from the airport and drop you off at your hotel. You’ve got the rest of the day to either explore or relax at the hotel.
Some highlights you should visit are the Hanumandhoka Durbar Square in the heart of the capital and the temple of the Kumari, the living goddess of Nepal.
Day 2: Patan
Today we truly dive into history as we visit monuments, religious stupas, temples and shrines. Most of these ancient buildings are built over 2000 years ago and are dedicated to both Vajrayana and Tibetan Buddhists alike.
Finally, we will be heading to Patan where we will visit Hiranyavarna Mahabihar, known as Golden Temple and rife with history.
Day 3: Dhulikhel and Namobuddha
Today we will take an hour’s drive from Kathmandu to Dhulikhel. It is said that on this scenic hilltop of Namobuddha, Buddha fed an angry tigress and her cubs with his own flesh and you can see the exact tree where he is supposed to have done this act of supreme mercy. We will be heading back to Kathmandu in the evening.
Day 4: Lumbini
And we’re off to another adventure! We will be flying to Lord Buddha’s birthplace, starting at Mayadevi temple and the holy pond where Buddha was given his first ritual bath.
There are other archeological sites inside the sacred garden that provide evidence of this sacred place and its wonderful charm.
Day 5: Tilaurakot
Today, we will visit Tilaurakot, the place where Buddha grew up as a prince in his powerful father’s palace before becoming Buddha. As it stands now, there are two out of three pillars that were built by Ashoka during his visit in the 3rd century B.C and there are other ruins to marvel at. You will also be able to see where Buddha left the kingdom in search of enlightenment.
Day 6: Return to Kathmandu
We will return to Kathmandu after understanding the story of Buddha’s life. You have the day to explore Kathmandu and also visit one of the Thanka painting shops and possibly buy a painting that narrates Buddha’s life so you can explain it to people back home with visual aids!
Day 7: Kathmandu
We bid adieu to you at the airport and hope that you had a wonderful trip.
1 Week +
IN DEPTH: CULTURAL & HISTORICAL, PHASE OUT: RELAXATION/SPIRITUAL
The major highlight of the tour is of course Lumbini lying in south-western Nepal, where Gautama the Buddha was born in 623 B. C. Because of Buddha’s birth, Nepal has remained a holiest pilgrimage of Buddhists from around the world, like the Mecca of Muslims and the Jerusalem of Christians. Gautama was born the prince of a powerful king Suddhodhana, belonging to Shyakya dynasty. At the age of 29, he set out from his palace to find out the cause of disease, old age, and death that take tolls in every human’s life. Mediating under a Peepal tree in Kushinagar, India, he got enlightenment, became the Buddha (meaning the wise) and started preaching the principle of nonviolence and the eightfold path of truth, thus becoming the founder of Buddhism.
- 4 Nights Deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu and 2 Nights Deluxe Hotel in Lumbini with Breakfast
- Kathmandu and Lumbini Hotel with Buffet Breakfast.
- Airport-Hotel-Hotel, Sightseeing at Kathmandu and Lumbini with Private AC Transportation.
- Kathmandu-Bhairawa-Kathmandu Flight Tickets. Local sightseeing at Buddha Maya Temple with Riksha.
- Human resource: A professional and experienced English Speaking Tour Guide at Kathmandu valley and Lumbini, All the expenses for the guide are covered (wages, accommodation, meals, transportation, insurance, etc.)
- Tax/Service Charge: All applicable taxes, service charges or fees. We hereby guarantee you of no ‘hidden charges’ afterward.
- Complimentary: Farewell dinner in Kathmandu (authentic Nepalese cuisines with the live cultural show)
- Emergency Rescue Service:Should any emergency arise during your trek, we will provide prompt and professional rescue and medical services. However, you must be already insured for such emergencies, and your insurance policy must cover helicopter evacuation. Moreover, you should provide your policy details and authorize us to deal directly with your insurance company on your behalf.
What’s not included
- Beverages (cold drinks, bottled mineral water, tea/coffee, etc.)
- Lunch and Dinner.
- Entrance fees at sightseeing spots.
- Any other expenses of personal nature photography charges, etc.
- Tips or donations
- Your travel insurance
- Visa to Nepal
- EUR 1545 for solo Trekker
- 2 Person group size basis EUR 940 Per Person
- 3 to 5 Person group size basis EUR 875 Per Person
- 6 to 10 Person group size basis EUR 830 Per Person
- 11 to 15 Person group size basis EUR 790 Per Person
- 16 and Above group size will be EUR 730 Per Person