Rwanda: Gorillas, Lakes and a Thousand Hills
*Prices are per person in a double room. Single supplement prices are available below.
4 days scrolling through the history and nature of Rwanda
Visiting 1 country: Rwanda
Learn about Rwanda’s outstanding nature, diverse wildlife as well as it’s deeply troubled history starting from pre-colonial times up to the 90’s. You’ll also learn how this country has dealt with its dark past. With this experience you will also get a glimpse of modern Rwanda.
Day 1: Arrival at Kigali – Transfer to Musanze Province
On arrival at the Kigali International Airport (before 4 pm), our awesome rep will warmly greet and transfer you to your accommodation in Kinigi – Musanze Province for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Volcanoes National Park
After breakfast, you will take a short drive to the Park headquarters for a briefing before setting off for mountain gorilla trekking. Once there, the park officials and guides will brief you properly on the behaviors of the mountain gorillas and inform you of the strict rules that you need to follow.
Following that you will be allocated to one of the habituated groups (& a guide) in the sector, which only welcomes 8 visitors a day to minimize behavioral disturbance and the risk of exposure to human-borne diseases.
You will hike into the forest and once you have located the gorillas, you only have one hour to take photos, film, etc. After that you will walk back to the starting point.
Based on the information received from the trackers by your guides, the hike could take from 3 to 8 hours in altitudes exceeding 7.600 feet.
Day 3: Transfer to Lake Kivu/Rubavu
After breakfast, you will transfer to Lake Kivu where you will do an optional activity
Day 4: Return to Kigali International Airport – Departure
After breakfast, we will once again drive you back to Kigali International Airport for your departure flight. We recommend flights after 13:00 hours to avoid inconveniences
EPIC JOURNEYS: ADVENTURES & EXPEDITIONS, INTO THE WILD: ACTIVE/NATURE
Less than 1 week
- Park entrance fee as indicated in the itinerary
- Mountain gorilla trekking permits
- LAND CRUISER/JEEP driven by an English speaking driver/guide. Exclusive use of vehicle.
- Mineral water on route except during meals.
- Pick up and drop off at the airport.
- All transfers as per the itinerary
- All the accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary
- International flights in and out of the country.
- All services not indicated in the itinerary (any of the optional activities).
- Drinks: sodas, wines, whiskies, brandies, beers, etc.
- Rwandan visas: single entry visa costs US$30 and it is required for all countries that require visas for Rwanda (principle of reciprocity). Under the new application process, all visas must be applied online at least two weeks prior to travel: https://migration.gov.rw
- Medical and travel insurance
- Tips, telephone expenses, etc.
2 nights at Da Vinci Gorilla Lodge
1 night at Lake Kivu Serena Hotel
|(LAND CRUISER/JEEP)||Price per pax||Single room supplement|
|2 pax||€ 3,010||€ 134|
|4 pax||€ 2,513||€ 134|
|6 pax||€ 1,262||€ 134|