Eat Your Way Through Bohemian Trastevere
*This experience runs from Monday till Saturday starting 5pm
*Tour stops, tastings and numbers of tastings are likely to change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability
4 hours sampling sumptuous blends of Italian classics
Visiting 1 country: Italy
Trastevere is a neighborhood like no other. Its ivy-coated, cobblestone streets come alive at night earning it comparisons to Greenwich Village and Paris’s Left Bank. It’s where Romans choose to eat with their families on a Sunday and where young Romans go for buzzing nightlife at evenings and weekends.
You can’t leave Rome without walking through these streets, tasting the best food on offer, and taking a million pictures of this amazing hotspot.
On this guided 4-hour walking food tour we explore this photogenic neighborhood by night.
Sample a sumptuous blend of Italian classics like pizza and pasta, real Roman street food, less-known meats and cheeses, and amazing wine in a secret cellar – its history will blow you away.
Few activities in Rome deliver as many hidden surprises and enchanting moments as this, so be sure to join us for an unforgettable night in one of our favorite neighborhoods in Rome. Take advantage of Rome’s vibrant nightlife by walking through the streets of Trastevere with a local.
The best local food places in real neighborhoods
Insider knowledge for exploring the city on your own
The table, food and company of like-minded global travelers
Stories you will find yourself retelling over and over
Less than 1 Day
FOODIE'S DELIGHT: CULINARY JOURNEYS
- If you were shooting a movie in Rome, the iconic trattoria, Da Enzo al 29 would be your location of choice and their award-winning food isn’t half-bad either
- Tasting wine in Spirito di Vino’s wine cellar that is 150 years older than the Colosseum is not your run-of-the-mill experience
- Fulfil your childhood dream with a visit to Rome’s famous family-owned cookie factory
- Visit Trastevere’s King of Porchetta, Piero Iacozzilli, and taste his mouthwatering roast pork
- Explore the tiny laneways and hidden churches of Rome’s most picturesque neighborhood
- Sample homemade sumptuous pasta dishes Amatriciana and cacio e pepe with wine at a local osteria
- Taste the gelato at Fatamorgana, the gelateria that brought “gourmet gelato” to Rome
- Try Rome’s favorite street food snack, the supplí at a hole-in-the-wall Trastevere institution
How to arrive
- How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included)
- When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point
- At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby)