Porto’s Bites and Beyond
*This experience runs daily except Sunday from March till November
*This experience departs at 03:00 pm
3 hours enjoying the perfect afternoon in Porto!
Visiting 1 country: Portugal
This Porto tour starts with a coffee and pastry, ends with a port wine cocktail and features codfish, cheeses and smoked meat tasting in the middle. Sweet! But it gets better: add quaint architecture, classic cafes, and cosy taverns for the perfect day in Portugal.
Are you ready to eat your way through Porto?
Everyone knows the city is gorgeous, but did you also know that it is delicious? We’ll show you the best of Porto’s famous sights in between sampling some of Porto’s best bites. This Porto tour is one you won’t want to miss.
Throughout this Porto city tour we’ll explore some of the city’s most beautiful sights, like balconies overlooking the river, unexplored streets and alleys, as well as popular taverns, markets, and cafes.
We’ll begin the feast that is this Porto food tour with a typically Portuguese habit: a with a “pastel de Nata” (custard tart), in a cafe that is more than 200 years old.
From there, we’ll taste and talk about the 1001 ways to prepare the “bacalhau” codfish, talk about the influence of our former colonies in our culture and cuisine, understand the connection we have with the river and sea, and learn about the Portuguese navigators and the tragedies Douro River.
Along the way you’ll sample a few authentic local specialties like bolinho de bacalhau (codfish), taste Portuguese comfort food such as a spicy pork sandwich, and be astonished by our mind-blowing cheese and smoked meats
We’ll finish off the tour with an outstanding port wine cocktail and we’ll make a toast our beautiful city (come on, we wouldn’t take you on a tour of Porto and not share our world famous Port wine with you!)
Less than 1 Day
FOODIE'S DELIGHT: CULINARY JOURNEYS
- Start the afternoon like a local – with a coffee and a pastel de nata
- Enjoy tasting authentic local specialties like codfish and the smoked ham and meet
- Explore Porto’s vibrant and multicultural neighborhoods
- Learn about Porto’s heroes and history-makers and discover some of Porto’s most spectacular terraces
- Enjoy a local Port cocktail and make a toast to life and happiness at sunset on an amazing rooftop overlooking the city
- Local English-speaking guide
- Coffee & pastries
- All food and drink as indicated in the tour description
- Items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for your guide
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point: Capela das Almas (Souls Chapel), near Bolhão Metro Station exit on Santa Catarina Street (Rua de Santa Catarina 429-417, 4000-124 Porto)
- Starting time: 3.00 PM
- Ending point: Tourism Office – Gustavo Eiffel Av. 280, near the D. Luis Bridge and Guindais Funicular