Discover Prague On This Private Tour
*This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
*This experience departs at 09:00 am
6 hours enjoying the ‘Greatest Hits’ of Prague
Visiting 1 country: Czech Republic
Enjoy the ‘Greatest Hits of Prague’ on this private tour which acts as a great foundation for your Czech journey. Tuck into some hearty Czech fare, see the icons of Prague, sail on a replica 19th century sailboat, and sip a locally brewed pilsner — it doesn’t get more Czech than that!
Discover what makes the Czech capital so magical on this relaxed full day tour of Prague, taking in the sights of the Old Town and the Lesser Town, all the way to Prague Castle. Get ready for a serious whistle stop Prague adventure with a boat ride included too!
Your tour begins from the Municipal House, the most beautiful Art Nouveau gem in Prague.
Next, we’ll visit the stalls at the Havelsky Market, which has been a favorite local market since 1232 – not a typo, it really has been around since the 13th century! Wander around the compact Old Town, winding through the narrow alleyways lined with Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque churches and palaces. Once in the Old Town Square, check the time at the famous clock, one of the most famous landmarks in Prague.
Next on your Prague city tour you’ll stop at a traditional restaurant in the Lesser Town for a typical Czech meal, and after relaxing over lunch, head to the riverside and hop aboard a replica of a 19th-century sailboat for your cruise down the Vltava River. This is a great chance to take those perfect Prague photos to take home with you!
Experience this magical landscape of medieval-like scenery while sipping Czech beer, lemonade or a hot drink. Back on dry land, our walking tour of Prague then meanders across the bridge, stopping to stare up at its many towers and statues and to enjoy the sounds of the local artists and bands that often frequent the area. As you enter the Little Quarter, we’ll jump aboard a local tram to take an uphill ride to Prague Castle. This is the world’s largest castle complex and no visit to Prague is complete without wandering through its magnificent structures!
Here, we’ll peek into the cathedral to view the most beautiful and astonishing cathedral in the country and learn how Gothic cathedrals were built in the 14th century by means of a medieval crane – and yes, cranes did exist all those years ago!
Your Prague introductory tour will end at Prague Castle, where you’ll be free to further explore the sights. Don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on local restaurants to visit and secret local spots to call into.
Less than 1 Day
IN DEPTH: CULTURAL & HISTORICAL
- Admire Prague’s many architectural gems from various eras and styles, with a local guide by your side
- Sip a local Pilsner beer aboard a replica 19thcentury sailing ship
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch
- Experience the iconic Charles Bridge from two perspectives – walking over it and sailing under it!
- Visit Prague icons such as Old Town Square, Charles Bridge and St. Vitus Cathedral
- Take a stroll around Prague’s Old Town, Lesser Town and see Prague Castle
- Lunch with 4 options from daily menu or 4 options from classic Czech dishes
- 45 min river cruise with refreshments ( coffee, ice cream, small beer, juice, tea or lemonade)
- Tram ticket
- Friendly, knowledgeable and English-speaking local tour guide
- Additional food and drink
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips / gratuities for your guide
- Duration: 6 hours
- Meeting point: In front of the entrance to the Municipal House (Obecní Dům), Namesti Republiky 5, Prague 1.
- Starting time: 9.00 AM
- Ending point: Prague Castle, Prague 1.