Go Real Dutch in Jordaan
*This experience runs from Tuesday till Saturday and departs at 11:00 am
*Tour stops, tastings and numbers of tastings might change slightly to reflect seasonal produce, vendor opening hours and availability
1 day off the beaten path and away from the hustle and bustle of tourists
Visiting 1 country: The Netherlands
We’ll take you behind the scenes and introduce you to the families keeping Dutch food traditions alive and we’ll explore architecture and little-known historical sites along the way; this tour is the only one with a boat element (one hour-long, private boat trip through Amsterdam’s world heritage canals).
Eat Like A Local On The Canals Of Amsterdam
Drop your guidebook at the hotel and follow your tour guide for an exceptional experience at one of the most historic neighborhoods of Amsterdam. The Jordaan, rich with dazzling canals, antique buildings and dozens of family run restaurants making it very hard of us not to fall in love.
Get familiar with Dutch food traditions while hopping between local backstreet bistros and sipping their homemade beer. Dig into Amsterdam with fellow travels, stroll the historic streets and enjoy an hour-long private boat trip along the world heritage canals.
The best local food places in real neighborhoods
Insider knowledge for exploring the city on your own
The table, food and company of like-minded global travelers
Stories you will find yourself retelling over and over
FOODIE'S DELIGHT: CULINARY JOURNEYS, IN DEPTH: CULTURAL & HISTORICAL
Europe & Russia
- Find out why Café Papeneiland has been in business for almost 400 years (clue: it might have something to do with the apple pie!).
- Discover the other side of “Dutch” cuisine: Indonesia and Surinames.
- Taste Amsterdam’s best smoked sausage from a family-run butchery that’s been in business for over a century.
- Eat herring “the Amsterdam way” (not to be confused with the Rotterdam way!).
- Experience the sheer variety of traditional Dutch candies, desserts and pastries as you roam the beautiful streets along the canals.
- Taste some world-famous gouda cheese from a shop where you can find just about any cheese your heart desires.
- Try beer from our local brewery along with our favorite Dutch borrelhapjes, and find out what that means on the tour!
- Experience a real Jordaan café in a converted canal house, and witness Dutch hospitality at its finest.
Plus: See where Anne Frank famously lived during the Second World War, find hidden churches, and discover what used to be in the Jordaan area hundreds of years ago…
How to arrive
- How you get there is up to you (transport to the meeting point is not included)
- When you reserve your spot, we’ll give you the exact location of the meeting point
- At the end of our tour, our guides can point you in the right direction or call a taxi for you (or give you a recommendation of what to see next nearby)